Time flies so fast

Sunday, March 22, 2009

I want....

I have always wanted to own a DSLR and learn photography. I somehow believe there's this creative side in me.

The passion was ignited a few weeks ago when I attended a birthday party of a friend's daughter. Friend J has convinced me to buy a DSLR especially that there are affordable DSLRs now starting at P20k. He convinced me that it was worth every penny. I have friends/colleagues who have plunged and bought their first DSLR as well. I still haven't. For the past two weeks at least, I couldn't get it off my head, to the point I am even dreaming about it. Darn!

What does this mean? That I have really learned to control my spending and not to always impulsely grant my own wishes? I would like to believe so. In fact, I believe I am really pushing myself to the limit. I have forced myself to save. This is mainly driven by the major wish to buy a house. I promised myself that the bonuses I am expecting this April and May will all go to my favorable bank. Also, from pushing 40% of my monthly income to my savings account, I have increased it to 60%. Che, however, still believe I am not pushing myself good enough and that I can do more. Haha! It could probably be true that I still buffered up for good lunches, shopping, weekend leisure etc. A girl still has to enjoy life, right? :)

A friend/colleague told me that my decision could have been easier/faster if it had been a bag. Dang! I then realized it was somehow true. Why is it that my past bag purchases and my recent purchases in Gucci that I never get to use anyways have been an easier choice when in fact the price tag is about the same? What does it say about my choices?

On the defensive side, I have actually not made any electronics purchase for quite some time. Last laptop purchase in 2003, last point and shoot camera bought in 2004, ipod in 2006. I couldn't even hardly remember when and what was my last mobile phone purchase. So see, I have been good at staying away from this arena. Hehe, excuses excuses.

I still believe that I will give up somehow. Not good. I hate this feeling of thinking about something and wishing that I should have just spared myself from thinking 'what if?'. For ego sake, I am just probably prolonging my agony.

No comments: