Time flies so fast

Sunday, March 8, 2009

A few things I have failed to blog about

There have been quite a number of things that I realized I have not blogged about yet..

The First Hospital Stay
My twins were confined at Cardinal Santos last February due to viral infection. It was their first time to be admitted at the hospital. At the same time, their Kuya Sato was also sick and recovering at home. Poor kids, they were on IV almost in their entire stay at the hospital due to vomitting and diarrhea. It was heartbreaking as I see the needle being injected on their wrist. Sophia was really mad! She had a bandage on her left hand which she uses to thumbsuck. We had to double the pain and requested to transfer IV injection on the right so she can soothe herself with her magic thumb.
Poor Sean as he seems to have developed phobia with nurses and doctors and whenever something is placed on his body.


The last module in Denmark

I attended my last module for this course I am attending in SIMI. I am proud to say that I bagged both A's on my exams/groupwork! Whew! I am indeed quite pleased to have gotten a diploma with flying colors! :)

For some kwento... after finishing our class early, I went to the shopping street with my Thai and Chinese classmate together with our colleague Mark J. We went to Magasin, a high-end shopping mall like Rustan's. We decided to shop separately to save time since stores close early in Copenhagen. Since we didn't found anything we fancy, I texted my Thai and Chinese friends to meet up earlier than agreed time so we can have dinner already. Then came C, my chinese friend and told us that she passed by Gucci and saw a group of people queieng up outside the store. It seems there was a big sale at around 60% off. We decided to postpone our dinner plans and head off to the store to check some good buys. It was indeed on sale ('udsalg' in Danish). It was by invitation only but the owner welcomed us in anyways. It was a whooping 60-75% off on all items! We all had our share of impulse shopping! I got 2 leather wallets and a pair of sunglasses for myself, a moneyclip for Che, and a wallet for my sister. All these for less than P20k!

Another exciting thing is that we met a Filipina saleslady at Gucci and her name is Maria. She was born and raised in Denmark. We didn't noticed she was a Filipina until she replied to Mark J and I's conversation. She also gave us an additional discount! She's sooo dear!

On the last free day before I leave Copenhagen, I passed by Stroget, the shopping street, again to buy the bags that my friend N asked me to get for her. Before I headed back to the hotel, I took a glimpse of the ski rink. A couple, who appeared to be Eastern Europeans to me, looked at me from head to toe. A few seconds after, the guy handed over his camera and asked me to take a photo of them. I gladly obliged. It was indeed a great view. To return the favor, I asked them to take a photo of myself as well. Haha! I was indeed pleased that, finally, I had a photo souvenir of myself in a chilly Copenhagen.

The Boat Trip in Bangkok

I attended a week-long training in Bangkok just last month. After class on a Thursday, the group decided to have dinner at our company owned boat named Maersk Siam and see the beauty of Bangkok by the river. There have been plans of selling the boat which is used mainly for entertaining clients due to the high cost of maintenance. We had a lovely dinner and before we head back to the hotel, I had to take a photo souvenir of the boat before it even gets sold.

No comments: