Time flies so fast

Monday, March 9, 2009

The Birthday Girl

In a week from now, I will be a year older. 365 days for me to enjoy the fact that my age is still a number I can find in the calendar. I can say my age out loud, I don't have a problem with that. For now, I believe that age is just a number. Besides, I think I had my fair share of accomplishments at my age that I don't have anything to panic about. I have a happy (and growing) family, a stable career that I love and a few tangible and non-tangible things (e.g. belongings and experiences) that I can say I have worked my ass off and I have so far lived my life the best way I could. Hopefully I won't reach that stage when I'll brush-off someone for asking my age because when that time comes it might mean I have developed some insecurities along the way. Ouch if that happens.

Yesterday, I was arranging our photo album when I saw how we celebrated my birthday last year - the year when I hit the fabulous 30's bracket. I realized it was one of the best birthdays I had.

I celebrated my birthday with two families that mean so much to us here in this wonderful island...

I got a surprise birthday cake and blew the candle like I was a kiddo..


I dipped myself in the finest sand with these lovely babies (they hated it by the way!)...

And I had a wonderful dinner date with my dear husband...

We don't have grand plans of celebrating my birthday this time around except that I took a day off work to just enjoy the day and spend it with people that I love. Life is good. It sometimes feel selfish to ask for more.