Time flies so fast

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Another car accident

I have been careless. Really bad.

The day after my birthday, I was on my way to work. Roughly after around 10 minutes of driving and running at approximately 20km/hr, I momentarily checked my bag to see whether my phone was there. When I looked in front, I saw the cars ahead of me has already stopped. I hit the break fast but too late, I hit the Pajero. Damn!

I saw the instant damage on my car with the badly bended hood. The driver of the Pajero checked his rear and saw nothing was damaged. Thank God! I actually hit the hook (for towing cars and other stuff) which SUVs usually have.

Another confession I have to make. It was very fortunate that I didn't cause any damage to other cars. My license has expired on my birthday. I thought expiration was on the day after. If we will call the police due to the accident, my car could have been impounded and I may have been sent to prison.

I believe that I am good at multi-tasking. Apparently, that doesn't apply when driving. When will I ever learn?! Che is not mad. He was more concerned about my safety. I thank God for always protecting me. I promised myself I will be more careful not because of the inconvenience and additional costs these accidents bring, but for the sake of safety for myself and my family.

Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Marj and Carlos said...

Eeek! Glad you are okay.