Time flies so fast

Monday, October 22, 2007

A decade of love and happiness

Today, October 23, marks our 10 year anniversary as bf/gf.

I can't imagine that we already spent barely one-third of our life together as a couple.

I am sharing here our love story. I don't normally put everything in detail especially those not really close to both of us. It is not a fairy tale romance after all. But I am glad of how things went. Che is, in fact, the best gift God has given me.

Our Love Story

Che and I are actually blockmates in DLSU. We both took up Business Management and have been friends since our first year. We were actually 'just' friends. He was with another girl while I had a crush on someone. I had my guy bestfriend, also our blockmate, but Che and I remained close as well. His life took a turn on our first year college when he got her girlfriend pregnant. I was one of his confidant then. Their relationship was on the rocks during the pregnancy and she left right after giving birth. The child remained with him but the situation calls for him to be treated as his 'kuya' instead as a daddy. We became really close with frequent and long talk on the phone. We had a bet that led to a movie date. I was shocked on our first date when he held and kissed my hand. I swear to our common friends that I will not date him again. But I don't know what made me go out with him again. Hehe. It came to a point that we were too close and the situation got more complicated as her ex-girlfriend (mom of his son) kept bugging me. One night, I could not tolerate it anymore. I thought Che and I need to end the close friendship we had to keep my peace. Che fought for it and finally said he love me.


Few days after, on October 23, 1997, during one of our class break, one of our blockmates was teasing me that I already have a boyfriend. I was teased with my bestfriend and then a blockmate hinted it could be Che. Our barkada was asked by our other blockmates if we were really an item. It was quite funny. That same day, after school, I asked him something. I approached him because he was kinda aloof as he normally offer to bring me home (or drop me off the nearest place near home) after school. He finally asked me to ride with him and I agreed. It was that night that we reminisced the fun we had during our 'dates'. And suddenly, I thought I should give the relationship a try. That night, I also got my first kiss (a smack on the lips) while inside the car and caught in traffic before approaching Nagtahan Bridge. Hehe.


It's always fun reminiscing our college days. Che always teases me how I look like when we were in college - me wearing a Kamiseta printed shirt tucked in a pair of jeans, my hair pony-tailed, I carry with me my red or blue lacoste bag and a Hair Doctor comb at the rear pocket of my jeans. Che then had a long hair. I would love to post some pictures here but there's no digital camera that time yet. The 'in' thing then was a pager in which we both exchange our 'corny' messages. Hehehe.


Che used different cars since high school but if you ask him, what he love most is his 2-door Charade. It was the car that he used during the first few years of us being together and that includes the day that we became an item. He would call it his 'love car'.


Due to a lot of differences, we broke up in Feb 2000 but got back together sometime June/July 2001 just few weeks before I was assigned in Subic for work. Since then, we managed a long distance relationship. For a year when I worked in Subic, we will meet up only on weekends. When I moved to Hong Kong, we will meet up every 3 months. And for a year and a half in Davao, we would meet usually once a month. Surprisingly, despite the difficulties in a long distance relationship, we managed to stay together.


Ten years after, I could say our love grew even stronger. The humor helped sustain the relationship.


No comments: