Time flies so fast

Friday, August 3, 2007

Feast

This week was quite hectic due to a training and a workshop that I attended. I can imagine the tons of emails waiting to be read. Everytime I have training (especially the one overseas), I usually gain weight simply because of the amount of food we are served. Sometimes, it is simply hard to resist.

Since I became pregnant, I personally think that my food intake was never way out of border. Except for the fact that I ate rice now 3 times a day (which previously I am not used to), I don't regularly eat snacks in between. I also limit sugar intake and never drank any softdrinks. Maybe that's the reason why I think my weight gain is about average i.e. 14lbs as of wk21 which is not bad considering I am carrying twins.

However, since this week, I had a feast!
Tuesday lunch - buffet at Renaissance Makati
Wednesday lunch - buffet at Renaissance Makati
Thursday lunch - buffet at Discovery Suites
Thursday dinner - buffet at Edsa Shangri-la
Friday lunch - buffet at Discover Suites
Friday dinner - buffet at Ate Aileen's birthday

I noticed that my tummy was so big. My then skinny legs was noticeably larger! My face looks rounder!

During my doctor's visit last month, my OB said that I am conservative in gaining weight (gained 3 lbs in a span of a month from Jun-Jul). Maybe that made me a bit confident and then started eating a little bit more once in a while.

Next weekend, I will be having my glucose test and will meet up with my OB Gyne for my regular check-up. I do hope that the test will come out normal and that my weight gain will not be over the limits. Well, let's see what she will tell me next week. I guess I need to cut down on the food that I take in especially the carbohydrates, salty food and the sweets. Otherwise, It will be doubly hard for me to lose weight later in the year. I think the word 'control' will be often used and practiced from hereon.

1 comment:

Marj and Carlos said...

Hated the OGTT. Good luck with it :)