Time flies so fast

Friday, August 3, 2007

Travel and Vacation

Yesterday, I texted Che that I feel I am now burned out and how i wish we could have a vacation preferrably to a beach destination like Boracay or El Nido.

It's now third quarter of the year and yet we haven't really gone out for our yearly getaway due to the fact that I got pregnant since March. I think I also have used up only around 2 days vacation this year. Che and I are now looking forward to any form of vacation. A trip to Boracay will be nice where you can relax and simply forget about work for a while. BUT that wouldn't really be possible now. We intend to spend my yearly company's travel allowance and combine it for next year's so we can have a nice getaway with the twins. All expense paid! Simply worth looking forward to.

We also have another benefit in the company where we can spend an overnight at Nurture Spa for two with full board meals and a couple's massage. That will expire in October and yet we haven't used it. I guess we have to avail it now (massage excluded for me though tsk tsk).

The other day, my Dane boss from Singapore sent me an email saying that we will also have our scheduled South East Asia Country Customer Service Manager's meeting in mid-Sept. During our last meeting in Singapore last February, we already planned for that 2nd meeting in August at Phuket. I was actually looking forward to that since I haven't been to Phuket and have planned for Che and I to spend the weekend there just right after our meeting. However, I will be on my 30th week then and I don't think I will be allowed by my OB to travel out of the country. I also wouldn't risk it.

So all the travel plans will be put on hold until I give birth. Che mentioned the other night that his dad is planning a trip to Hong Kong this December. It was actually planned since last year but never pushed thru so we went to Bohol instead. Che volunteered me to check for the fares. His dad said he will treat us all for an air ticket. I was initially a bit hesitant thinking about the twins who can not travel by then. But Che wanted to go and said we badly needed a break. We may plan on leaving the twins with my mom and I am not sure if I can go out of the country without them on my side. We'll see.

Well, the travels and vacation will just be on the plan right now. I can only keep on wishing. But we are very looking forward to it. I will be counting the days...

1 comment:

Marj and Carlos said...

It'll be nice to be alone rin naman after you give birth. Para mayyou and che time din. We're trying to plan for a getaway din sa january naman...just in time for our church anniversary :)