Time flies so fast

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Some Updates

Our first purchase of baby stuff

Yesterday, on our way home from my parent's house in QC (we were passing by Edsa travelling North to South), I asked Che if we can drop by at Zodiac St. in Bel-Air to check some baby stuff. I have been eager to go there for the last 2 weeks or so to check what they have there. The place is too small but i love the stuff! I don't have the pictures of what we bought. I was too restless and took a nap immediately when we headed home. I controlled buying too many, besides, we still have 3 more months to go. We bought the following:

- 8 pcs of onesies/bodysuit (Carters mostly)
- 6 pcs white sidesnapper sleeveless tee (we got mostly medium size so we need to get the smaller ones later)
- 2 pcs sleeper (of course one in pink and another in blue)
- 2 pcs blankets (one pink and one blue)
- 4 pcs Disney hats (love them! It's Winnie the Pooh design. We got one pink and one blue)
- 2 pairs of pink mittens (they run out of stock for the blue mittens)

Above costing us only P1500 in total!

They have plenty of design to choose from. Some bodysuits are still in hangers with plastic covers. I think it's definitely cheaper than if you get it at the mall. I like the fabric also. I think it's practical to buy it here than having to purchase it in US (which I initially was exploring).

My doctor's appointment at 6months

Sniff, I was very disappointed when I stepped on the scale. I gained 8lbs in a span of 4 weeks. The secretary, my husband and my OB said I shouldn't worry, I'm simply carrying twins! I think it was due to my one week buffet feast. Tsk.
Anyways, my OB said, my tummy is getting really big (like a full term already for singleton). She may ask me to take a rest as early as 33 weeks (that's early to mid October already). She will be happy if the baby comes out at 36 weeks. We do pray of course that my twins will hold on to it until then.
I didn't get to see the result of my OGCT. My OB said, they will just get it. I didn't hear from her since Saturday so I assume the results were normal.

The AVENT hunt

For the last few days, I have been wanting to purchase the Avent IQ 24 sterilizer, 9oz bottles and 4oz bottles. I checked out Baby & Co in Podium and SM Department store and it's way more expensive here than if you buy it in US. I have seriously considered buying it at Amazon.com but the only concern is the power voltage which I believe is 110v. However, adding the transformer, it is still cheaper than if you get it here. So when I am already decided to purchase it this morning, it's can only be delivered in 4-6 weeks time. Tsk. That is way beyond the departure date of my mom's friend who will be leaving next week already.

I have consulted Che about my search for feeding stuff and he was quite confused on why I am only inclined on getting the Avent brand. He asked what's the need for an electric steam sterilizer when there are stainless steel for oven heating that are available in the market. Well, I think I was convinced because of the several positive reviews I saw on the net, the convenience for us to have sterilized bottles ready anytime of the night, the safety of not having to burn the bottles if you sterilize it in the oven and of course the anti-colic features of the Avent bottles. Well, enough of those excuses. :)

2 comments:

Marj and Carlos said...

I agree, just get the bottles from the US. The savings are significant. You might want to check out target.com or the burlington coat factory website. I think they're cheaper than amazon.

* said...

got them! :)