Time flies so fast

Thursday, July 12, 2007

My quick trip at the Delivery Room and a Peak at our Twin's Gender

Few hours ago, i was just blogging the planned trip to the 'In the Womb' ultrasound center in Parksquare. Things suddenly changed. Here's how...

I noticed some increased discharge today and so i called up my OB and to also ask some questions. I asked if it is normal to have an increased discharge. She asked me to describe it. I said it is watery. She said that is not normal. I am not really sure what it was. Whether the stain was just a urine or vaginal discharge. She said, i should have it checked and i should go the Emergency Room so they can do some testing to ensure it is not amniotic fluid. I also asked her if it is ok if I'll have my ultrasound this weekend to know our twin's gender and she said it may be too small and too early to tell.

For my peace of mind, I asked Che to accompany me to the nearest hospital and he quickly picked me up the office at 5:30pm. We went to Makati Medical Center which is just a block away from my office. I went immediately to the ER where they did some usual checks. I was then brought to the Delivery Room in a wheel chair. It was a strange feeling being carried in a wheel chair when you can physically walk on your own anyways.

I was then brought to the Delivery Room. Geez, the feeling is not good lying there in bed at the middle of the room. Scary and i thought this is how it feels 4 months from now.

I was examined (like a pap smear) and the lady said it doesn't look like an amniotic fluid. I am also not dilated. She then went out and came back to tell me to have an ultrasound to ensure there is no leak inside. Inside, i was smiling as I know it will be a way to take a peak of our babies again.

The OB sonologist started scanning through my abdomen and said 'oh, dalawa nga'. After a few strokes, she said 'You're having a boy and a girl!' I was ecstatic. She said to look into the measurements first per baby and she'll show me the genitals. Baby A is malikot! OB said she doesn't want to show her genitals clearly to Mommy. But during her initial scan. she saw it was a girl. Baby A is in cephalic position and positioned under Baby B. Baby B, on the other hand, is on transverse lie. He is clearly a boy! His genitals is obviously showing. OB typed 'boy' in the ultrasound screen. :) And oh, the boy looks dominant. Aside from the fact that he is on top of his sibling, he was slightly bigger. Both of them were right for the gestational age and everything seems fine. She then went back to Baby A, still malikot. OB then saved the screenshot and said, 'I think it is really a girl'. She then typed 'girl' in the screenshot. OB said I am lucky. I felt I really am! :) I was so kulit and asked her how sure are we of their gender. She said, Twin B is definitely a boy and as to Twin A, she may have 20% error because baby girl is malikot. The report that was given to me anyways reflect 'female' and 'male'. :)

Here's the scan copy of the ultrasound. Not sure if you can clearly see. First photo is Twin A (the 'girl') and second photo is Twin B (the 'boy'). Look how his little thing is clearly showing. :) If you magnify Twin A's genital area, it looks like it has a cut in the middle.



P.s. I tried my best to enhance the quality of the picture but it is just too small when i upload it. I have also uploaded it in Friendster and it looks clearer there. Here's the link:
That was an expensive trip to the hospital but it was all worth it. At least I know they are doing fine.

No comments: