Time flies so fast

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Baby Names and a Wardrobe for our Little Girl

Had a doctor's appointment last Saturday and my OB (who's also a sonologist) agreed with the ultrasound pictures that indeed they seem to be a boy/girl. :)

Since we learned about out twin's gender, i can't help but think of baby names. Here's what I instantly had in mind:

Racquel Sophia M. San Gabriel
Raniel Sean M. San Gabriel

All of Che's siblings and the next generation (nephew and niece) have names that starts with R and ends with an L (Rommel, Rhoel, Ronnel, Raphael, Rusell and Rosell). My friends and sister didn't like the first name especially Racquel but my choices are somehow limited. We'll see.

A friend suggested Reese and i actually like it. My sister also had the same name in mind. I saw from the internet Reese Sophia Ashley. And i find it cute! But, that is too long and i don't want to punish my kids with having to write long names so maximum two names should do. But Sophia and Sean are still top of my list. Sophia means 'wisdom' and Sean means 'God is glorious'.

After knowing that we might be having a girl, my sister-in-law gave me a box full of various items for our little girl which she has been keeping and reserving for us for months now. Those were hand me downs from our US relative to our only niece Sachi and now passed on to our little girl! The clothes were really nice and from brands that i like (Gap, Old Navy, Osh Kosh, Carters etc)! Some are new and some slightly used.

The box contains 8 pairs of shoes, a dozen dresses, blankets, 3 swimwear and several casual wear. If you notice, half of them are tickly pink! :)


Among my favorites are the following:

...Ralph Lauren 2 pc swimsuit (Isn't it cute? I can't wait to bring our twins to Boracay summer of next year!)


...Old Navy pink jacket with bib and a shirt that says 'Princess' :) I should find something similar in blue that says 'Prince' for our little boy just to be fair. Haha.


...A formal dress we can use for special occassions. This was actually used once by our niece during our wedding last year (matching our pink and gree motiff)
...Some cute dresses and casual wear to be used from 6-18months

...Cute infant wear and 8 pairs of shoes

I can't wait to do some more shopping!

No comments: