Time flies so fast

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Less than a week of help

Actually, we had our household help for 4 nights and 3 days...

THURSDAY - She arrived Manila.

SUNDAY - We picked her up at in-laws place. We went to the mall to buy her beddings and went grocery shopping (mostly canned goods as our fridge was not working properly). She did some cleaning. We had some of our clothes picked-up by the laundry shop to ease the load for her. I noticed she don't know how to iron clothes especially barongs - still crumpled. Thought this will be a problem and a lot of teaching and guiding to do. We heard mass together and had liempo and chicken for dinner.

MONDAY - She waked up early and prepared breakfast. I was having headaches again! I didnt go to work. I took a rest for the entire day while she did some cleaning. We had our fridge repaired (home service). I asked her to clean the bathroom - not exactly my standards of 'clean' but i told her to scrub the tiles further to remove the dirt. I told her to do the laundry (1 laundry basket left) but she chose what to wash (less than 10pcs of shirts i believe -due to the limited drying area). She went to the garage and did some gardening at her own initiative. I had food delivered for lunch (KFC) since fridge is still not working. In the afternoon, I asked her to go to the nearest wet market and she returned home safely. I cooked sinigang for dinner. It was the easiest viand i so far cooked. Before dinner, she begged to take a rest as she is having some stomach aches. Gave her medicines and gave her a cup of hot tea. We washed the dishes.

TUESDAY - First day she'll be alone at home so i listed down things for her to do. I asked her to fill up the biodata required by the village guards to secure her ID. When we arrived home, we had dinner. Then she delivered the news ... 'Ate/Kuya, may sasabihin po ako sa inyo.... Kelangan ko na pong umuwi kasi inaatake na naman daw po ng high blood nanay ko....Babayaran na lang po ng tatay ko ung pinamasahe ko (his father is working in Valenzuela pala)'. We were stunned. I went upstairs and see if she finished ironing clothes when i was pissed to see 1 barong (still crumpled), 1 longsleeves and 6shirts of my husband that were ironed. That was it?! After dinner, i saw her did some ironing.
Observations: The bathroom is cleaner this time. The room was not cleaned. The floors didn't seem polished (but she said she did polished it). My closet was more organized as compared to the last time when it looks like a room of ukay ukay.
I talked to her and asked her the real reason for moving. Why the sudden move? Will she move to another employer etc? Did she felt lonely being alone?

WEDNESDAY - As usual, when i woke up, she's already preparing the breakfast. I still did some ironing. When i thought she continued ironing, she finished about 2 pieces i believe.

THURSDAY - She prepared breakfast and we asked her to pack her things. Che will bring her to my in-laws.

That's how short we had some help. There were good and bad things about her. I think it is better said in tagalog. Good: Mabait, May kusa, Mukhang simple - di mukhang malantod (sorry for the word hehe), Marunong magalaga ng bata (based on previous work experience). Bad: Needs some guidance on ironing and washing (skills to be learned).

Whew! I hope we can find a good replacement soon. I am just hoping it is a blessing in disguise.

No comments: