Time flies so fast

Sunday, June 3, 2007

A second opinion

I went to my friend's OB-GYNE for a second opinion. The doctor is at Medical City who is a friend of our Ninang, our barkada's mom, who is an AVP at Medical City (Head Nurse).

It was an interesting visit. She did an IE, checked baby's heartbeat (using a doppler device), and i had a pap smear. I think she did more examination than my current OB. She also told me that my uterus is already under my navel and that my tummy is bigger than average preggy of my gestational age (mainly because i am carrying twins). My tummy looks really round now and all can already notice the change. Whew, i thought it was because of fats! At 12 weeks, when i went to my current OB, i was told that my tum tum is only due to fats. I was disappointed. :)

The visit was quite long. She asked me about my medical history, gave my husband some medical tips too and told me the do's and don'ts during pregnancy (at least those that i can remember):
- Avoid bananas and apple as it can make you more constipated.
- Milk is always good for the baby. Drink at least 1 glass a day.
- Use cocoa butter to prevent stretchmarks. (I am using it already)
- Use maternity binder/girdle/belt to help ease backpain. (We just bought one yesterday but will need to buy extras)

She also said that she does bikini cut mostly for her c-section delivery. This was the big difference with my current OB which is used to vertical c-section.

I am still torn whether to transfer OB. Well, well...

2 comments:

Marj and Carlos said...

Go with whoever you're most comfortable with and who you think will take better care of you.

* said...

hi marj. thanks. nahihiya tlga ako kasi matampuhin daw ung current OB ko (ninang ng sis in law ko). besides, she took care of me before i got pregnant. hay.