Time flies so fast

Monday, June 25, 2007

18 weeks

Work

I just finished a long weekend. I took this day off for a well-deserved rest. It is already middle of the year, yet i still have 20days of vacation leave. Although, I intend do save most of it later in the year when possible. Last few days were tiring for me and so will the coming weeks be. We are soon deploying a new service (in 2 weeks time actually) and that means preparing for things to run smoothly and of course 9 new staff in addition to my current scope. In less than a month's time, we will also be implementing 2 new systems that will run globally. My hands are indeed full.
We've had major management change in our company. 3 big names in the Executive Board in Copenhagen will retire. Referring here the article from Bloomberg.com. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601085&refer=europe&sid=a4TQfagZHWNw
The blue blood in me (referring to Maersk blue and not Atenean blue as i am deeply green at heart haha) is somehow affected. I should better look for the picture i had with Jess Soderberg during our graduation in Copenhagen 5 years ago as that will become part of history - a good keepsake.
Pregnancy
I watched the National Geographic's 'In the Womb Multiples' last night. I have been waiting for that show for a month. It was a 2 hour show that was played from 9-11pm. Frankly, it did not meet my expectations. Most information are the same as what i have read (actually even better in the book). Well, i have learned nothing new. But the graphics was indeed a good visual aid.
Che and I went to the mall yesterday and although I was tempted to buy another blouse, i resists the temptation. I already bought quite a number of maternity clothes and i feel that I won't use them anyway in the next 4 months. My last purchase was from Havin a Baby last father's day where i bought an off-white pants and a white tube dress. But the usual Sunday visit with my parents also seem like a shopping spree too. Mom gave me a tight fit maternity pants that fits me well and a white linen drawstring pants. I also asked my youngest sister to gave me her 2 cute headbands (gold and brown). Hehe, parang nagdadalaga ako.
While having breakfast with my in-laws last Sunday, my mom-in-law commented that she thinks I am having a girl as i look beautiful daw. That was when i was in my pajamas. I got conscious. :)
Household help
We will finally be having our househelp later in the week. I never thought we would need one as Che and I are the only ones in the house. But if you are both working, it is really tiring to do household chores after work and on weekends. We think it will also be good to train the household help before our babies arrive. We will definitely need all the help we can get by then. I have heard a lot of not so nice things about having a companion at home. I really do hope that it won't be such a burden to us.

No comments: