Time flies so fast

Friday, February 27, 2009

We got robbed!

Teka, before it appears to be an exaggeration - no, we were not harmed at all. Just the other day, Che was very surprised that we lost the side mirrors of our Sportivo. It seems petty di ba... but Che and I were really pissed when we got the repair estimate that it will cost P30,000 to replace the entire set of side mirrors! The guy probably was in a hurry so not only did he got the mirrors, he also destroyed the mechanism inside. Apparently, he can not sell it at that price tag but probably the value of the mirrors will only be P150 or something less than a thousand. If only he begged for money because he badly needed it, I would have probably have helped him whole-heartedly.

I have had my share of this kind of robbery before. In fact, even worse in a sense that I was inside the car when two guys were quickly disentangling my side mirrors. It was actually in a crowded place and at the intersection while the traffic light was still red.

I asked Che last night whether he would do such things or will there be an excuse for people to take possesion of something that is not theirs. I know it is against the ten commandments and there's really no excuse for such a thing. Maybe I would have understood when they are in dire need like when their child is at the hospital due to some serious ailment. BUT there are also other alternatives to get that money. They should trust that God will provide.

Anyways, talking about robbery, I was scared when we were told some weeks back that the house that we are staying in now (my parents-in-law's place) is one of the target of 'akyat-bahay'. Apparently, robbers are keeping a list and this was a tip given to us by the police after they have caught one of the suspects. Scary no? Apparently, they know the family names and must have based the 'list' on the size of the house as evidenced by the 'potential prospects' in our neighborhood.

Just a tip, we were told that they pretend to be some delivery boy (even in uniforms) and wait till someone opens the door. They will then suddenly push the person in and the gang (which are all inside a car) will quickly follow.
Makes me wonder - how safe are we now?

No comments: