Time flies so fast

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Grrr...!

You know that election is nearing when you see tv and radio commercials featuring politicians. I so hate this!

There are at least 3 politicians I can name with their commercials flashing on the screen on prime time tv. I also listen to AM radio every morning on my way to work and in the evening on my way home. This morning I turned off my radio momentarily just so I will not hear the politician's campaign. Kabwisit kasi!

One is saying that he will help lower the cost of medicines with tagline 'Kailangan pang kulitin ang gobyerno.. Magtulungan tayo'..

Then on the radio, he talks about a campaign on pre-need insurance. That he will provide legal assistance to those who are running for their pre-need insurance that were squanderred by certain insurance companies.

Then there's another one who talks about helping others with tagline something to this effect.. 'Ang galing sa mahirap puro tulong sa mahirap..'

I am ok if those are information campaign that will really help create awareness. But when you help others, you don't need to make it known to the world! Yes, politicians sometimes have to show they are doing something to avoid criticisms and make it known to the public that they are really worth to be public servants. But for me, true servants are those who will help others without the need to bring in media.

Those huge amount of money spent on advertisements (I actually wonder whether these are from personal or public funds? hmm.) could already help hundreds and maybe thousands of poor families in this country. Sigh.

No comments: