Time flies so fast

Friday, September 28, 2007

A prisoner with a big tummy

Yes, I consider myself as a prisoner at this time since I am on house arrest. Last Monday, I experienced frequent contractions (seems like it lasted the entire day) and so I texted my OB and she replied and said I should take Isoxillan and recommended a bed rest until we meet up for our check-up in 2 weeks time. I panicked considering I still have a lot of work to do plus I have a manager (that I hired who is coming from Denmark next week) for a familiarization/handover before he officially starts mid-Nov. Althoug my boss and our Managing Director here approved my leave until Oct5, as requested by my OB a month ago, we may not be prepared yet for an early bed rest. But what could I do? I took a leave the following day and monitored my contractions. I went for a check up and OB confirmed I am having threatened premature labor due to the size of my uterus. It contracts when I am standing and relaxes when I lie down. She then said I should be on bed rest until delivery and will be scheduled for an injection on October 9 (with an overnight stay at the hospital) to speed up babies’ lung development in case I will be delivering the twins prematurely.

And so, here I am completely bored.

I consider myself more like a prisoner. I am staying now at my in-laws place considering it’s nearer the hospital and also for someone to accompany me. We have our temporary abode at the 2nd floor. Our room here is at the 3rd floor but since it’s an effort to climb another level, Che insisted we stay in a room at the 2nd floor (used to be a guest room then converted to an office and now back to being a guest room). I am not allowed to go and up the stairs so the helper or Che will bring me food.

OB said she would be happy for me to deliver at least on 34 or 35 weeks. Based on my 1st ultrasound due date, I should now be now on 31 weeks (initially I count today at 32 weeks based on my LMP and latest ultrasound results). I survived 5days now and I have some more days and weeks to go.

So this is what it feels like being at home with barely nothing much to do or repeatedly the same thing to do every single day.

And so I conclude... I am not a housewife material.

3 comments:

dionne said...

take care sis! tiis na lang sa house arrest for the babies. hope things go well. lapit na! =)

chuching said...

ilang weeks/days nalang naman. hindi mo mamamalayan, 35th week mo na. take care and try doing cross stitch or read books nalang :)

Vannie said...

is pre-term labor the in thing? hahaha. i experienced that and was on bed arrest for 1 1/2 months. my OB expected me to give birth at week 36. but hey, my baby really wanted to have a sept 8 birthday (my exact due date), and so she came at exactly that day, at 1:34 am. :D