Time flies so fast

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Name Game

I initially thought we will be having difficulty in finding a name for our twins considering the name trend of Che, his siblings and the nephews and nieces. They all start with R and ends with L (I believe I have blogged this before also). Aside from that, the 3 kids now have Japanese nicknames which are not related to their given names.
My favorite girl name before was Patricia Dianne and I was keen before on giving that name to my first daughter. However.,due to some 'rules' or should i say 'name trend' in the family, that is not really a good option.
I realized that having a good meaning to the names is also a plus considering that they will have to explain the meaning of their names.
I thought of the following names which Che fortunately agrees (no qualms whatsoever).
Reese Sophia - I initially thought of Racquel or Rachel but since both means 'second wife' in the Bible, i changed it. I heard good stories about her though in the Bible. And I find Reese cute and yes, even that means not getting a name that ends with an L. Reese means Enthusiasm and Sophia means wisdom. Her nickname will most likely be Sophie or Sophia.
Raniel Sean - I really liked Sean and I think Raniel is a good choice too (falling exactly the name trend in the family). Raniel means God is my happiness and Sean means God is gracious. Sean will definitely be his nickname.

I don't know if there will be some changes later on. Although frankly, I can not think of anything else. I'd like our twins to have the same initials also.

So about the japanese nicknames, I really don't know yet.

1 comment:

Mec said...

sis... konting pakikialam lang in giving names :)

~ make sure it sounds good with their surnames (say it out loud lots of times muna)... if you have a Tagalog or Spanish-sounding surname, stick with Tagalog or Spanish-sounding names din

~ consider what the baby's initials are going to be



oh and i'd also like to say that Sophia, as a name, is very lovely indeed... but 20 yrs from now, your daughter will have to contend with the fact that she shares the same name with every 3rd girl being born...

promise, I have 3 nieces who are named it... and can name at least 7 friends/acquaintances with children named the same

if that doesn't bother you, then go ahead w/ the name :)