Time flies so fast

Sunday, November 4, 2007

My November 1 Babies

Yes, I have finally given birth last November 1. It was unexpected. I had a weird feeling the night before as I had a dark yellow discharge which I was still figuring out if it is the typical brownish discharge which can be a sign of false labor. The morning of November 1 at 7:30am, we woke up because our househelp delivered my daily breakfast supply. I went to the restroom and saw a bloodish discharge. It has increased less than an hour after. I had my breakfast, took a bath and went straight to Lourdes hospital after. I was very calm and excited. We waited for this day but have been trying to avoid (as much as possible) on giving birth on November 1 and 2. But we need not worry because this is the time that God has chosen for us.

We arrived at the hospital and I underwent various tests and confirmed I was 2 cm dilated. They put me on non-stress test and I was told that I will be scheduled for a delivery at 4pm. Never did we thought that delivery could only start 8 hrs after the last meal/fluid intake. Should I have not taken my breakfast, I would have been scheduled for delivery earlier. They are already close to 37 weeks of gestation and delivery is inevitable.

It waited at the labor room from 11am till 330pm. No pain whatsoever. I was just so inip. I was not scared at all.

I passed thru the corridor where Che is waiting. He seems very excited. He kissed me good luck.

I went inside the Operating Room which looked new - a far cry from the delivery room I saw in Makati Medical City. I was conscious during the operation and only few minutes after, I saw my babies. Sophia came in first then followed by Sean. They were so cute. Ang puti and kinis. It's like they never came straight from my womb.

I then woke up at the Recovery Room and few minutes after, the nurse brought me to my room where guests/family were waiting. Everyone was at awe at how cute and tisay/tisoy our twins were. They said it was all worth it.


A day and two after, I am in deep pain that I can't help but cry. I was discharged yesterday and Sean and Sophia stayed at the hospital under observation for risk of infection.

More stories to follow on their condition and my breastfeeding/pumping experiences.


Here are the pictures for your viewing pleasure...

Straight from the delivery room (Sophia on the left and Sean on the right)
2 hrs after they were born
Sophia (sleeping like an angel) at day2
Sean (mukhang brusko) at day2

Sophia and Sean at day3

5 comments:

Robin and Emz said...

Ang cute naman ng twins mo.. at ang lulusog pa. Congratulations mommy!

Marj and Carlos said...

Congratulations sis! Welcome to mommyhood :D They look wonderfully healthy :)

dionne said...

wow melissa! congrats! congrats! pretty and pogi ah. tc sis!

theworkingmom said...

Congratulations! Your babies are so cute!

michellethea said...

sis, your babies are so cute!!!
a boy and a girl! boundary na? =P
congrats!