Time flies so fast

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

First Trip

Some parents prefer to keep their newborns inside the comfort of their homes for a few months and allow only a trip to the hospital or to the relatives' houses. I know that will not be the case for our twins since their cousins have travelled to different places, even out-of-town, when they were still few months old. That's the reason why baptism at 1 month is a must for the San Gabriel clan.

At 3 weeks old, Sean and Sophia already attended the 1st birthday party of their 2nd cousin, JB, at the clubhouse of Urdaneta Village. I had them wear the red and blue onesies which was a gift to us by our friend who had a vacation in the US last September. Daddy Che was unfortunately not with us but kept on texting me what the twins will wear. :) We arrived the venue and some people look kinda amazed seeing a girl and boy twin. Although my kids wouldn't get to enjoy this kind of event, it was still nice bringing them along. Aheheh. The theme was Pirates of the Carribean and kids and some adults came in looking like pirates. They served japanese food (Sai Bachi Catering) with different food carts for kids to enjoy. The host, lootbags, balloon decoration etc all were in tune with the theme.

Even at 1 year old, a kid won't enjoy this kind of 'surprisingly expensive' party. But it is such a milestone that parents will not hesitate to spend money on. I believe the party is more for the parents instead of the kids. And I have to admit I am one of those parents. I am already counting the next 11 months till I plan their 1st birthday party (maybe with a Trick or Treat theme since party will be held at Nov1? haha). But before that, I am looking forward to the next trip of Sean and Sophia. The doctor recommended we go ahead and visit Tagaytay... :)

No comments: