Time flies so fast

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Grandma vs Mommy

It is really exhausting to take care of a newborn and for our case, it's double the effort. I am not a supermom though. I am in charge of night shift while my mom, her best friend, and our new yaya (thank god we hired one!) takes care of Sean and Sophia at daytime. When we are at my in-law's place, my mom-in-law and other househelp assist in overseeing our twins. We are indeed lucky to have all the help we need now.

There are some things I noticed about the difference of Grandma (my mom and mom-in-law)and Mommy (myself of course!):

- Grandma doesn't seem to get tired of taking care of the newborn. Mommy get super exhausted and can not afford to rise up in bed at around 5-6am.

- Grandma seems to have a magical power of keeping the baby asleep and quiet. I often don't know how to pacifying them especially when they are like screaming as if someone is spanking them non-stop. The only effective thing I do is to sing the Alphabet Song they seem to enjoy my singing prowess.

- Grandma tends to spoil the babies or should i say, their generosity can not be questioned when it is for the twins. My mom-in-law already bought 2 pairs of earrings for Sophia and other baby stuff even before they were born. My mom bought a Graco Pack n' Play worth P10k plus comforter of P1k plus which I will not consider buying. I am not saying I won't be generous for our kids. It may be a different priority - like me buying Medela PIS which I have not maximized the worth.

- Grandma is not a worrier while Mommy cries over little stuff like when Sophia got a smelly earwax. I almost could not forgive myself for allowing that to happen.

- Lastly, Grandma masters the art of bathing while I have never tried it myself. *wink*

No comments: