Time flies so fast

Thursday, October 16, 2008

On Fairytale Weddings and Greatest Fears

I mentioned in my previous blog that I love organizing parties. I LOVE weddings too! In fact, I think I am a sucker for stunning weddings! Stunning for me may not necessarily be lavish but something that is tasteful with well thought of and meticulous details consistent to the wedding theme. I think I have mentioned here in my blog a photographer couple who were our 2nd choice for our wedding. I deeply regret not getting them. Anyways, saw their blog once again and found out that they had a lovely wedding recently at Discovery Shores in Boracay. Link here.. http://www.mimiandkarl.com/?p=1453#more-1453
I still love looking at wedding pictures and I am still excited when I hear of someone getting married. I don't believe in zodiac sign really but one thing I remember that may probably be true to me (I am a Pisces) is my being 'hopeless romantic'. Geez, I am shy to admit it but yes I think it is true.
Another blog that I do check when I have time is the one who made my wedding gown. Check it out here... http://veluzreyes.blogspot.com/
It is just so lovely seeing the brides so radiant and sexy. I must admit, if I have the chance, I'd like to be a bride once again and put on a wedding gown. Haha. Dream on.
Ok moving on..
After reading the blog of M+K's wedding, I blog hopped to http://eventseventstm.blogspot.com/ . It is the blog of a wedding organizer.
I was teary eyed reading his last post. To cut it short, his 30-year old sister was diagnosed of having 2B breast cancer. She is still very young with a 2-yr old daughter. I immediately got scared. You see, cancer is one of my greatest fears. My aunt died of breast cancer and I've seen her suffered. My grandmother died of ovarian cancer and I was right beside her when she died. I am thus now considering having my executive check-up soon. I have seen some info campaign on breast cancer prevention and here's what I found:
By age 20, women must perform a monthly breast self exam (BSE) about a week after her period. By age 30, besides a BSE, women must have a clinical exam every year. By age 40, besides a BSE and a clinical exam, women must have an annual mammography.
Truly, life can both be lovely and tough. Like what my husband Che said last night, challenges are given to us because God knows that we are surrounded by people who will support and be strong for us no matter what.

No comments: