Time flies so fast

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

An Inspirational Mail

I mentioned in my previous blog that I was teary eyed reading a story of a 30 yr old mom who was diagnosed of Breast Cancer. More of it here... http://eventseventstm.blogspot.com/

I was more touched when I received this email this morning...

/quote/

Hi Melissa!
This is Tessa, I'm a a member of N@W (but a lurker) and I happen to click the link of your blog in one of your messages in n@w.I was surprised to see the link of my brother's blog - you were able to read pala his post about his sister who was diagnosed with cancer. Well, that sister is me. I'm lucky to have a very supportive family, and friends who stood by me all throughout my journey to recovery. By God's grace I was able to finish my treatment and so far I'm doing very well.
Thank you for reading my brother's post, I know I have touched a lot of people with my experience, and it's my turn to pay it forward. I was able to talk to other cancer patients and their families during my check-ups with my docs, and it feels good to comfort them during this time of their lives - it's part of my healing. I was in their shoes once and I know how they feel. One thing I can assure them is that their lives will never be the same after cancer - it will be more meaningful and you will cherish every day and spend it more with your loved ones.
/unquote/

It was a truly inspring story for me. I may not know her personally but I do admire her for her strength - that strength that does not just come from within but also rooted from family and friends who stood by her in times of trial.

It's amazing how internet can help you draw inspiration from people you haven't actually met.

To Tessa who might read this blog: Congratulations on your recovery and may you continue to inspire others.

No comments: