Time flies so fast

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

News bits

I like listening to news. I listen to AM radio when I drive just to keep myself updated on the current events since I couldn't always have time to watch the daily news shows. I am still on my way home by then.

It gets frustrating sometimes that news are not that interesting anymore. Or at least I have hoped to listen more to something positive and some good developments about our country. Sadly, it's not always the case.

These days, here's what's up:

  • Senator Bong Revilla was mad on Hayden Kho for all his private videos out in the public and still spreading like wildfire. He recommended Kho's medical license to be revoked.

My comment: Please! Although I am totally against the public display of private videos, I would at lest want my senators to focus on more important stuff. Else, we don't need smart senators if they are just to comment on these petty showbiz news. And Please! As what the Bible says, 'He who has no sin can throw the first stone'. Enough said.

  • A female Congressman (didn't catch her name) and Senator Bong Revilla being mad against Alec Baldwin for his comment on Filipina mail-order bride in the show with David Letterman.

My comment: Again, there are much more important things that our government officials can focus on. I'd rather they spend time looking and solving the fact that there is indeed a growing number of mail-order brides from our country instead of plainly asking an actor to retract his statement and apologize. Yes, it is offending but reality bites you know.

  • Ms. Dionisia doesn't want to be an actress anymore but will still welcome endorsements.

My comment: Hilarious! I do like her though for being real. Maybe she also has the charm similar to his super rich and super famous son! That's why she's now called Pacmom! Haha!

1 comment:

Marj and Carlos said...

What does having private videos have anything to do with medical competence? Sen Bong revilla is dumb as a brick and should not make open his outh lest he expose his ignorance further. I don't think the videos showed any malicious medical negligence on Hayden kho's part.