Time flies so fast

Monday, August 4, 2008

My Mentos Moment

"Sabi nga nila kapag minamalas ka talaga.... "
Last Saturday, I was driving along Paseo De Roxas. I received an SMS from 2 colleagues asking for an approval on something. I texted back giving my go ahead. Upon crossing Ayala Avenue, I got a business call which I know is related to the SMS I got minutes ago. I relentlessly answered it while driving. I think I lost focus than seconds after I am supposed to turn right. I then hit the car on my right (and actually dragged her) causing damage to her car and mine. The sad part is, I am driving with my twins and the yayas. It's a hard lesson learned that I should NOT use cellphone while driving. They are very safe though. But unfortunately, I am driving the Sportivo that we just bought a month or 2 ago for us to resell (we are having second thoughts though of getting it and sell our sedan instead since it's more practical to have a bigger car especially when we travel with the kids). The insurance has expired and since we initially intend to sell it, we didn't think of getting a car insurance. This means, I will pay for the repair of the car I hit and the repair for the scratches on the 2 door panel of the Sportivo. A very expensive lesson for me.
Then, there's this issue on my visa being released on time. I am leaving this Saturday and I just got the approval at 3pm today that my visa was approved. I was told that my visa won't be released even if I give my passport tomorrow. What?! I am sincerely hoping that the 3 days working days visa processing rule can be relaxed a bit so I could get my visa this Thursday (no releasing on Friday). Good luck to me!
Lastly, a classic Mentos moment...
I am wearing my new peep toe shoes I bought in one of the markets in Bangkok some weeks ago I got 3 pairs by the way. I don't know what's up with number 3 but I also got 3 pairs recently in Nine West and 3 pairs from Charles and Keith (my post earlier). It was a steal price of about Baht 200! I think that's around P300 only, if I am not mistaken. Since it it my first time to wear it, I never thought it could be that uncomfortable- plus the fact that it's a 3-inch heel which I am frankly not used to. The heels broke! That cheapo! I don't have a spare pair in the office but I have a pair of Havaianas in the car which I use for driving. There you go, it will probably help! I just have to manage to walk up to the car. I taped the heels and walked on my toe until I reached the lift! Thank goodness, our office is just located right next to the mall! I got a pair of gladiator stilleto from Maldita that I already fancy before. It may not match my corporate look today (although same color as my skirt) but at least it is something that I may still use next time. This mentos moment cost me almost 10x as the price I paid for the peep toe shoe that I thought was a steal!

So there...

I sincerely hope the bad luck will go away....

No comments: