Time flies so fast

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Reviving my wardrobe

Before I gave birth, I was too excited to use my old clothes and shoes (with heels). I was surprised that my shoes still fits me well albeit my size probably increased by a cm or less. I thought I won't be able to wear them as most people say. During pregnancy, some of my shoes were too tight but that could probably due to slight edema.

My total weight gain during pregnancy was 29lbs. I am proud of that considering I carried two babies (of 5lbs each), I lost 23 lbs exactly a week after I gave birth. During my next check-up last Dec 8, 40 days after I gave birth, I lost another 5lbs, that is, 1 lb short of my total pregnancy weight. I was utterly surprised with this considering I felt I gained significantly last few days. I eat about the same as during pregnancy and I am not breastfeeding anymore.


I tried on some of my clothes and I was very disappointed on how unpleasant I look with it. I hate the bulge on my tummy. My jeans also can not fit except for one pair! My hip increased in size! And so, for some weeks, I am using the skinny jeans from Gingersnaps I used during my first trimester pregnancy. My long sleeves I oftenly use in the office were too tight. I expect I would have to buy a few office clothes before I resume work. Good thing I still have P10k GC from IORA our company gave away as clothing allowance.


And so for last few days, I find myself happily shopping for new sets of clothes. At least for now, a new pair of jeans, a few blouses will do... until next shopping spree ;)

No comments: